Friday, February 13, 2009


It may have taken us a few days, but we're finally getting around to officially welcoming Atticus to our family! He was born Tuesday morning at 10:40 after a very quick labor. Lisa's water broke at 7:00 am and not a moment was wasted thereafter. While Atticus wasn't due for two and a half weeks, he arrived healthy and happy, weighing 8 lbs and measuring 21 inches. He is an absolute clone of Emerson, making him so adorable that's it's hard not to devour him. He seems to want to set world records for nursing sessions and is truly sweet. Both sibs are doing wonderfully, involving themselves most curiously in all of the details of baby raising. Tad was able to take a couple of weeks off, so we're just enjoying this chance to settle in calmly to a new family dynamic.

7 comments:

Kim C said...

So sweet!

Hurtado Family said...

welcome welcome welcome Atticus! I love him already. Adorable. Adorable!

Denise Eskelson said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful May baby. We are happy everyone is doing well.

Jen said...

Congratulations! To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorites. I hope that all is well with Mom and Baby Atticus!

jamieschip said...

I'm so glad we were able to see you guys in the hospital last week. Atticus is a perfect addition to your family (did we really think he wouldn't be?!) By the way, I need to call you about dinner. I went to Instacare today was told I have bronchitis... yes, again. So, I'm on antibiotics and not feeling too hot. I'll call you and we can figure out dinner soon. I just didn't want you to think I forgot about you.

Tracy Laverty said...

Congratulations May family! Atticus looks like such a sweet baby. We're so glad to hear he is healthy and that Lisa is now recovering. Enjoy every minute! We are so happy for you. By the way- I love the name Atticus- you guys come up with the best names.

heidirees said...

Congrats Lisa!! He is just adorable. I'm glad to hear that all went well and everyone is happy and healthy!